Q: Is it legal to tape record a conversation without the other person knowing that he/she is being recorded ?

A: No, it is not legal to tape record a conversation in the State of Washington without the consent of all parties involved.  Some states do have single party consent, however it is best to check the law before you record!

Q: What if my case requires the knowledge and services of an expert ?

A: Bayside Professional Investigations has current working relationships with some of the most qualified experts, including forensic experts, in the United States.  Additionally, we are affiliated with an expert witness referral  company.

Q: Why do you have a bulldog on your web page ?

A: The bulldog is the mascot of the United States Marine Corps.  Investigator Larry Walsh is a former Marine and a Vietnam Veteran.  Additionally, the bulldog is known to be  very tenacious.  BPI approaches each and every investigation with a great degree of tenacity.

Q: What can I expect to pay for a private investigator ?

A: Generally you can expect to pay between $50.00 and $100.00 per hour.  The fees will vary depending on the experience of the investigator and the complexity of the case.

Q: Can I legally hire a private investigator to electronically listen in on my husband/wife’s telephone conversation ?

A: No.  That is specifically prohibited by federal law as well as state law.

Q: How can I know if the investigator I am thinking of hiring is licensed in the State of Washington ?

A: The best way is to contact the Department of Licensing, Private Detective section, in Olympia at 360-664-6611. The second way is to look for a license number on the business card, letterhead or web page.  All advertisements must contain the state issued license number.

Q: Will the information that I provide to Bayside Professional Investigations be kept confidential ?

A: Yes.  You can be assured that the information will always be kept confidential.